Scholarships, Opportunities, Achievements & Results
- Project SOAR will award scholarships to at least 19 incoming freshman. These scholarships are renewable for up to four years of support.
- The program aims to graduate financially needy, academically talented students -- SOAR scholars -- who will enter the workforce or graduate school in a STEM-related discipline.
- Special activities for Project SOAR scholars!
What can you do with a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics degree?
- Create and break secret codes
- Analyze crime scene data
- Create video games
- Keep computer networks secure
- Develop treatments for diseases
- Teach any of these topics in fun and creative ways
- Develop new flavors for foods
- Use your scientific problem solving in business
SOAR Scholar Thuy (Donna) Do takes first-place in Organic/Inorganic Chemistry at the Kentucky Academy of Science undergraduate competition
Are You Ready to SOAR?Johnny Maldonado
SOAR Scholar 2011
Are You Ready to SOAR?Active Research
Shelby Kozlowski SOAR 2009
Are you Ready to SOAR?Hand on Learning
Kevin Smith SOAR 2012 Scholar
SOAR with the Best!Haylee Taylor
9th place Youth Poles 18 & under
All American Quarter Horse Congress
SOAR 2012 Cohort
Helping you to SOARInteract with Faculty
Are You Ready to SOAR?Social Events with fellow SOAR scholars
SOAR with KnowledgeMaggie Powell
2010 Soar Scholar
Fullerene Research: Spectroscopic Study of Charge Transfer in Fullerene-Transition Metal and Molecular Wire Supramolecular Organometallic Systems
SOAR with Common InterestsMeet fellow SOAR scholars with common STEM interests.
Are You Ready to SOAR?Emily Esham 2010 SOAR Scholar
The Identification of Rat Endothelial Cells using the Rat Endothelial Cell Antibody-1 (RECA-1)
Project SOAR is supported by the Division of Undergraduate Education at the National Science Foundation and Northern Kentucky University.